Friday, June 15, 2012

My Heart Is Bursting

 I couldn't believe it when I saw an email from our agency that said UPDATE.  We had asked for new pictures and asked some questions about our little Ellie but were shocked that it came so soon.  I opened the email to see this picture .....

Ellie- 8mon 1-blog

Oh my goodness we are in love with this little girl already.  It seems crazy that we could fall head over heals in love with a little girl an ocean away that we have never met but that is what has happened.


Ellie - 8 mon - 2-blog

She is our daughter and China telling us we can come get her can not come fast enough.

ellie - face -blog

I have studied her pictures from top to bottom.  Look at that cute little nose and those sweet little lips ...

Ellie-feet-blog

and those tiny little curled toes are just too precious.

Ellie - 8 month 3-blog

Her cheeks are full and she looks healthy and yet those tiny little legs, ankles and feet remind me so much of Max's feet and legs when we got him.  No strength or muscle tone.  She looks like such a little peanut.

This is what we found out about Ellie today:

We asked for updated measurements and they said she is 70.5 cm tall, she weighs 8.5kg which is about 18 lbs and her foot length is 10.5cm.  We know we take the measurements with a grain of salt ... not sure she is looking like an 18 lbs little girl. She has 1 tooth.

We asked how her health has been, if her VSD seems to affect her health, if she sweats easily or has blue fingers or mouth.  The orphanage said Ellie was very weak when she came to them but under their good care, her health has been greatly improved.  They said she sweats easily but doesn't get tired. She hasn't had blueness in her fingertips or mouth so far.

We asked for another Echo to see if there were any changes in the hole in her heart.  The told us that the hospital is far away and would be very hard to make an appointment there so too hard to arrange the exam for Ellie.

We asked the caretakers to describe her development and personality.  The said she can sit alone well and stand holding on to furniture.  She can move around when sitting in the baby walker. She has started to babble. She gets along well with the other children and likes colorful toys.

We asked if she had ever been in foster care and if she had a nickname.  The said she had never been in foster care and they call her Na Na.

Little Ellie has wiggled her way into all of our hearts already.  We continue to stand in awe that God has given us this precious little girl to be our daughter. 

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I 
know that full well. 
Psalm 139:14


8 comments:

amy said...

She is absolutely beautiful in every way! I love her little curled up toes and sweet face. I can't wait to see a big smile on her once she is in your family and understands the love you are ready to pour out over her! God's faithfulness is truly humbling.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh gosh, she is the cutest little thing!!! So tiny, so beautiful!!! I could not be happier for you and for your family! What a wonderful gift to receive as we are rolling into Father's Day weekend!!! You definitely have a lot to celebrate this weekend.

All my best to you Julie!!! I am so excited for you and cannot wait to follow your journey to China and back~

Blessings to you~

xoxo,

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Julie, She is just precious. I can't wait for you to bring her home where she belongs!

Marla

meg said...

How beautiful...

meg

Gift of Grace said...

Oh, she is so cute!! I know that feeling of wanting to get to her so badly, and having to wait!! Aren't you glad that you are already Dossier to China?!

Unknown said...

She is so very very cute! Hope travel comes very soon! What a doll!

Love Teri

Kathy said...

What a little love, Julie. She is just beautiful, and yes, looks petite to me too. I can't wait to watch the transformation after she gets into your arms!

What an agonizing wait!

I'm so happy for you, my friend.

Vandewater Family said...

oooh my goodness that is one cute baby girl! I don't think I've ever seen a picture from China where the child is not bundled head to toe - how fun to see her little toes!

Post a Comment

 
© The Journey To Our Daughter

CoffeeShop Designs