Thursday, September 20, 2012

To The Moon And Back

One of my very favorite books that I have read too many times to count is Guess How Much I Love You.  In the book Little Nutbrown Hare tells Big Nutbrown Hare how much he loves him.  He tells him in his very own words "I love you right up to the MOON,' he said, and closed his eyes.  'Oh, that's far,' said Big Nutbrown Hare.  'That is very far' ... Then he lay down close by and whispered with a smile, 'I love you right up to the moon - and back,'" 

to the moon-blog

A few weekends ago the girls and I were walking downtown at our Sidewalk Art's Festival and I saw these darling prints in someone's hands. We searched the little white tents and found the booth that was selling the prints of one of my favorite sayings from one of my favorite books.

to the moon2-blog

The girls saw them and instantly said "Mom these would be perfect in Ellie's new room."  They also talked me into the prints that went with it!

Through our journey to Max and Ellie the kids and I often talk about the moon and the sun. When I am tucking the kids in and we are praying they know the moon is coming out for us but for Ellie the sun is rising and she is starting her day.  When they wake up and the sun is rising they know the moon is making its appearance in China and Ellie is going to sleep.  It has been a great visual for the kids to remember what their little sister is doing and how they can pray for her.  So while "I love you to the moon" is a favorite quote, the moon is a focus for us as we talk about what Ellie is doing in China.

Ellie today as I watched the sun came up I knew the moon was high in the sky in China.  I prayed for you sweet girl and that God would begin to prepare your heart for us to come and bring you home.  Today you are 11 months old and I wonder what new things you are learning and doing. I wonder what your personality is like, how much you smile, if you are happy, how your little heart is doing, if you have been sick, if you are crawling or starting to stand, how many teeth you have, how long your hair is .... the list in endless.   In no time we will be on a plane sleeping under the China moon with you next to us waiting to bring you home to your forever family! We are getting so close baby girl!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh so sweet love those prints...soon very soon...can't wait to see her in your arms!

Post a Comment

 
© The Journey To Our Daughter

CoffeeShop Designs